Monday, March 25, 2019

VoiceThread reflection about EDUC552

Here is my VoiceThread reflection about EDUC552: a) I learned so many things from this course, such as: adding text and videos to an iMovie, what a screencast is, what educational podcasts are, how to utilize Twitter and Tweetdeck, the benefits of a Flipped Classroom, how to run a blog, how to subscribe to YouTube channels and create playlists, along with how to create a VoiceThread. The ISTE goals I met were 1a, 2b, 2c, 3, 4c, 5, 6, and 7a, which can be proved from the VoiceThread video and reflection. b) The most useful tools in this course were screencast and creating playlists on YouTube. The reason is because I see myself utilizing these the most in my classroom. I used to keep my YouTube videos on Microsoft Word documents, but now I have them on playlists. At the beginning of the school year, I plan to show students multiple screencasts on how to use Schoology, IXL, Classroom Booksource, and many more. These will benefit me as an educator, because I'll be able to incorporate them into my classroom. The screencasts are a wonderful visual tool for students to use to better understand and access a website. c) I plan to continue to utilize multimedia tools in my classroom in a variety of ways. For example, videos are a great activity for students to create to introduce themselves or show me what they've learned about a topic. Students could blog, so I get feedback about their thoughts on any lesson, assignment, or activity. Like I said earlier, screencasts are a tool I plan to incorporate, especially at the beginning of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment