Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Classkick- Author's Purpose

Here is the link for the Classkick assignment I created-
app.classkick.com/#/assignments/AWmOZnUoRW61G-TK_0COqg

Classkick can be used in the classroom in many ways. For example, I'm having students support their answers for Author's Purpose, but I could also use it for Main Idea, Inferences, or any short answer topic. The types of projects that can be created on here could be a variety, because students can draw, type, or record themselves. Also, a quiz can be assigned on here to save paper.

It is very easy to use, plus students don't need to set-up an account. When I made an account, there were 7 different example assignments provided, so I could see how to make a Reading, Spelling, Math, or Spanish assignment for various grade levels. I made the assignment and added students to the roster. Today in class, I provided students with the class code, they typed it in, and then were able to do the assignment. I walked them through the steps of being able to type, use the pen and drawing tools, along with moving to the next page. The students enjoyed experiencing this website and liked being able to draw, underline, circle, or type details to support their answer.

Looking at some of the example assignments, this could be used for any age or subject area. Preschoolers or Kindergarteners would be able to draw an answer or voice record it, instead of typing or writing. A teacher can modify a Classkick assignment for differentiation, so students can be challenged at their level. Also, one can make higher level thinking questions for gifted students or higher grade levels. I would recommend checking out Classkick to see how you would use it yourself!

My tip to future users is to look over the example assignments Classkick provides when you sign up, so you have an idea on how you may want to utilize this website. I feel like ideas are endless depending on your grade level and subject area.

No comments:

Post a Comment