Saturday, March 9, 2019

Introduction

               My name is Heather, and I drink an absurd amount of water everyday. I’m in my fourth year of teaching, but this is my second year in my current school district. My husband and I live and teach in the growing district, which is located between Lincoln and Omaha. I teach 5th& 6thgrade Reading, 6thgrade English, and 5thgrade Homeroom. I completed my undergrad at Wayne State College, which I’m completely glad I did! My degree is in Elementary Education and English as a Second Language. 
My experience with technology is low to average (compared to others my age) I would say. The reason for this is because I really only know how to use technology if I’ve been shown or have had to experiment with it. Since all the teachers in my school have Mac computers, I’d say I’m a Mac person, because that’s mainly what I’ve used in the past four years. The fifth and sixth graders in my school district receive a Chromebook to be in charge of throughout the school day. Therefore, in my classroom, I have students use their Chromebooks almost daily. I have a school iPad, so I have students check-in and checkout my classroom library books on a website. I don’t use the iPad as much as I think I should. Each classroom has a SmartBoard, which I use daily, but mostly as a projector. The version of Office I have is 2016. 
I was inspired to pursue my Master’s at Peru State College, because of the Cohort program and being able to complete all the classes online. The reason I yearned for higher education is because I always strive to be the best educator I can be. Also, I want to learn new technology and lessons I can incorporate with my students. With my degree, I plan to better myself as a teacher by implementing new ideas into my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment